This is how we use personal information you have given us and and how we protect it.
We obtain information about you when you give it to us:
* by letter, email, telephone, Whatsapp, Messenger and similar programmes, when enquiring about or purchasing an object;
* when filling in a form on our website to receive our electronic newsletter;
* in person when visiting us in our gallery or during art fairs or other events in which we participate.
Information that we might collect, depending on the purpose of your contact with us:
* Your name;
* Your postal address;
* Your telephone number;
* Your email address;
* Your purchase information.
Reasons why we collect this information:
* To apply for an export licence and/or an import licence on your behalf;
* To send you an invoice and other paperwork relating to your purchase;
* To ship your purchase to you;
* To send you information that might be of interest, either to your email address or to your postal address;
* To comply with laws and regulations regarding the trade in antiquities;
* To comply with tax laws;
* For internal (financial) record keeping.
Sharing your information:
We will have to share your personal information with:
* Government organisations when applying for an export licence and/or an import licence on your behalf, or when dealing with customs formalities relating to your purchase;
* Parties who will transport a parcel containing your purchase to you, or who will provide insurance of your purchase whilst in transit;
* By law, certain government organisations, such as the police and the tax authorities, will have access to our records, and in that capacity may have access to your personal information.
* For our electronic newsletter we use an online marketing service, provided by Laposta B.V. in The Netherlands. Please note that when you subscribe to our newsletter by filling in the form on our website, whilst we receive an email informing us about your subscription, the data you entered will be stored on their server. This is the case with all major marketing services. Laposta has security procedures in operation, and possesses an ISO-27001 certificate (accepted worldwide for information protection). Please also see their privacy statement. Nevertheless, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information entered by you in this way on their server, and their website and server are not governed by this privacy statement.
* Similarly we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of information that we have to share with third parties to perform our contract with you (see above under "Sharing your information"), once that information has been given to them and is subsequently stored within their organisation, either electronically or otherwise.
* Other than the information we will have to share with third parties to perform our contract with you (see above under "Sharing your information"), we will never sell, lease, give away, distribute or make available in any other way to any third party any personal information you have given us, except when required by law.
* Our website may contain links to other websites. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information entered by you whilst visiting such websites after following a link on our website, as we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore such websites are not governed by this privacy statement.
Keeping personal information safe:
We are committed to ensuring that all personal information you may send us will be secure, and that to that purpose it will be stored in a secure place; physical, electronic and managerial procedures are in operation to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure.
* At any time you may request us to inform you about the personal data that we have stored about you, to delete these data from our files (as far as we are not obliged by law to keep these data), or to correct, update or complete these data. In order to do so please send us an email (email@example.com) and we will act accordingly as soon as possible.
* To stop receiving our electronic newsletter, please opt out using the relevant link in the newsletter.